Our homemade sweet potato pie recipe is Better Than Patti LaBelle's Sweet Potato Pie... Hands down! So if you are looking for a sweet potato pie recipe - give this one a try.
|Orange fleshed sweet potatoes||3 Large (you need 3 cups cooked or pureed)|
|Butter||125 Milliliter , melt (about 1/2 cup)|
|Packed light brown sugar||60 Milliliter (about 1/4 cup)|
|Maple syrup||60 Milliliter (about 1/4 cup)|
|35 % whipping cream||60 Milliliter (about 1/4 cup)|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Milliliter (about 1/2 tsp)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||5 Milliliter (about 1 tsp)|
|Bourbon||30 Milliliter (about 2 tbsp)|
|Coarse salt||2 Milliliter|
FOR THE SWEET POTATOES:
1. Preheat oven to 240ºC (475ºF).
2. Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake until the sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about an hour.
3. Peel the sweet potatoes and discard the skins.
4. Use a hand-held electric mixer to blend until creamy and smooth.
5. You'll need 3 cups for the filling; scoop out the remainder and reserve for another use.
FOR THE SWEET POTATO PIE:
1. Lower the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
2. To the sweet potato puree, add the melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, eggs, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, bourbon, and salt.
3. Beat on medium speed until well incorporated.
4. Pour filling into a 9½" deep dish pie shell, and bake until a knife inserted in the center of the filling comes out clean yet the filling still jiggles a bit, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
5. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Serve and enjoy!