This is the Super Fluffy Omelet from the Tasty youtube channel Or is it? It could be the soufflé omelette served at La Mere Poulard in France, or at just about a thousand other cafés across France. Maybe its the one that Jean Imbert makes at his restaurant? Maybe it's the one from the anime Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma? Whoever lays claim to this omelette recipe - the videos on the tube have 20 million views.
|Butter||30 Milliliter (about 2 tbsp)|
|Chopped smoked salmon||1 Tablespoon (for serving)|
|Finely chopped spring onion greens||1 Teaspoon (for serving)|
1. Separate the eggs.
2. With a balloon whisk, froth the egg whites to smooth soft peaks.
3. With a balloon whisk, froth the egg yolks until pale yellow and creamy.
4. Scrape the yolks into the whites and continue whisking for 4-5 minutes.
5. Pour the egg mixture into a preheated pan on medium-low.
6. Cook the egg without touching for 2-3 minutes.
7. Use a spatula to carefully look under the egg - when the bottom is solid and starting to brown…
8. Season the top of the egg, and slip the butter under the egg.
9. Continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes.
10. Serve with grated cheese, ham, smoked salmon, on the side.