These Maple Whisky Whipped Sweet Potatoes are going to become your favourite holiday side dish recipe! I know, I know, most Americans call these Yams, or candied yams... but really these are sweet potatoes and they go great with your favourite whisky, whiskey, bourbon, or Scotch!
|Sweet potatoes||1 1/2 Kilogram (3 2/2 pounds)|
|Butter||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Maple syrup||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Whisky||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||2 Milliliter (1/2 tsp)|
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
2. Pierce sweet potatoes all over with a fork.
3. Bake until tender, about 1 hour.
4. In a small saucepan melt together butter, whiskey, maple syrup, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
5. When sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel off the skin and place in a food processor.
6. Whip the sweet potatoes until smooth, then add the melted butter mixture.
7. Process until smooth and flavours are incorporated.
8. Adjust seasoning if needed.
9. Serve and enjoy!