This Make Ahead Ham Cheese Breakfast Egg Strata recipe is great for a family Christmas breakfast or brunch... or anytime you need to feed a crowd. You can make this the night before and bake it when you wake up - the layers of bread, ham, and cheese all in a savoury egg custard. This is a savoury breakfast bread pudding, though some people will call this a breakfast casserole recipe.
|Cubed crusty bread||400 Gram (8 cups)|
|Emmental cheese||170 Gram , shredded (about 1 ½ cups)|
|Chopped ham||200 Gram (about 1 ½ cups)|
|Green onions||3 , chop|
|Milk||500 Milliliter (2 cups)|
|Dijon mustard||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) , mince|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||2 , chop|
|Black pepper||5 Milliliter (1 tsp)|
|Salt||5 Milliliter (1 tsp)|
1. Place the bread cubes in a 9x13" baking dish.
2. Top with the ham, grated cheese, and onion.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, garlic, thyme, pepper and salt.
4. Slowly pour this mixture into the dish.
5. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or up to 1 day.
6. Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
7. Bake for 45 minutes.
8. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes to brown the top.
9. You can serve this hot or chilled.