You would generally have noticed that many starters are coated with bread crumbs or crushed cornflakes before deep-frying, to impart a notable crispness. The Vegetable, Paneer and Noodle Balls uses a uniquely different technique to get a much better effect. Here, the veggie and paneer mixture is dipped in a flour batter and rolled in crushed noodles before frying, to give it not only a delectable crunch but irresistible good looks too!
|Grated carrot||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated cauliflower||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated paneer||1 Cup (16 tbs) (cottage cheese)|
|Green chilli paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1/2 Teaspoon (lehsun)|
|Plain flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (maida)|
|Rice noodles/Hakka noodles||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , crush|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
3. Combine the plain flour and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
4. Dip the balls one by one in the prepared plain flour-water mixture and roll in noodles till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
5. Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the balls, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
6. Serve immediately with Schezuan sauce.