Pad Thai is made even more amazing with a homemade sauce. Sugar and tamarind are simmered together first to give it a nice syrupy texture. The addition of shallots, garlic and lime juice adds to the amazing flavor.
|For pad thai sauce:|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Palm sugar||8 Ounce (226 gms)|
|Tamarind paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilli oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely minced shallots||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime||1 , juice extracted|
|Fish sauce||8 Tablespoon|
|Tamarind concentrate||1 Tablespoon|
|For pad thai noodles:|
|Chilli oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced shallots||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Daikon raddish||1/4 (sweet preserved daikon radish)|
|Cubed tofu||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dried shrimps||300 Gram , mince|
|Tiger shrimps||300 Gram|
|Bean sprouts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chinese chives/Garlic chives||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped peanuts||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (for garnish)|
FOR THE SAUCE:
1. Prepare the sauce by boiling the water and adding the palm sugar and the tamarind.
2. Cook this till the sugar dissolves and gets syrupy and take it off the heat.
3. In a saute pan add the chilli oil and sauce the shallots and garlic.
4. Pour the syrup through a strainer and bring to the boil.
5. Add the lime juice, fish sauce and tamarind concentrate.
6. Refrigerate for best results.
FOR PAD THAI NOODLES:
1. Soak the noodles in barely warm water for 15 minutes.
2. Heat up some oil and add the shallots followed by the garlic and allow these to saute for a minute.
3. Add in the radish & tofu and follow with the minced dried shrimp.
4. Move everything over to one side and add more oil and cook the Shrimp.
5. When it starts to turn orange, mix it with the other ingredients and keep cooking till fully orange.
6. Add the drained noodles followed by the prepared sauce - I used 2 cups you can use more for a saucier Pad Thai.
7. Move everything over to one side again and beat in the eggs and scramble them.
8. Allow them to set before mixing.
9. Finally, toss in the bean sprouts and chives and toss to cook.
10. Serve with the chopped peanuts.