Not sure what to do with that sourdough starter that you need to cast off? Make this great banana bread recipe with that sourdough starter discard!
|All purpose flour||280 Gram (250 mL / 1 cup, or a mix with whole wheat flour)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon (5 mL)|
|Butter||120 Gram , softened (125 mL / 1/2 cup)|
|Granulated sugar||150 Gram (175 mL / 3/4 cup)|
|Vanilla||1 Teaspoon (5 mL)|
|Overripe bananas||3 , mash|
|Sourdough starter||175 Milliliter (3/4 cup, also called stirred down or degassed starter)|
|Toasted chopped walnuts||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (125 mL, optional)|
1. preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
2. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Beat in vanilla.
6. Stir in mashed bananas and sourdough starter.
7. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and stir to moisten.
8. Add walnuts, if using and stir to combine.
9. Scrape into 8”x4” (1.5 L) loaf pan.
10. Bake for about an hour or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
11. Let cool in pan on rack.
12. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
13. Serve and enjoy!