Tasty is probably the biggest food channel on Youtube and Facebook - So I thought I'd give one of their recipes a try... This is creamy chicken piccata it isn't a traditional recipe, but I think it is pretty tasty!
|Onion||1 (skin on and quartered)|
|All purpose flour||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (60 mL)|
|Olive oil||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Dry white wine||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (30 mL)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , mince|
|Drained capers||2 Tablespoon (30 mL)|
|Lemon||1/2 , juice extracted|
|Chicken stock||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (375 mL)|
|35% cream||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (75 mL)|
|Chopped fresh flat leaf parsely||2 Tablespoon (30 mL)|
1. Skin and de-bone the chicken breasts.
2. Place bones, skin, onion, salt pepper and water in a small pot and simmer.
3. Butterfly the chicken breasts, and flatten with a meat mallet or the bottom of a frying pan.
4. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
5. Place the flour on a plate and dredge each piece of chicken in it.
6. Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat.
7. Fry the chicken until golden brown crust forms on each side.
8. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
9. Deglaze the pan with the white wine, and cook until reduced by half.
10. Add the butter, garlic, and capers and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
11. Squeeze in the lemon juice and add the chicken stock.
12. Cook, until the sauce, has slightly thickened.
13. Lower the heat and stir in the cream.
14. Return the chicken to the pan and turn it to fully coat with the sauce.
15. Simmer on low for a few minutes, to re-heat the chicken and fully thicken the sauce.
16. Sprinkle with the parsley if desired, just before serving.