Also known as Dhingri Chole, this recipe earthy taste and the combination of mushroom and chickpeas is heavenly. The rich gravy is made extra special with a homemade Garam masala for maximum flavor -
|Red onions||2 Medium , finely chopped|
|Green chillies||3 , finely chopped|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 (1 finely chopped & one blanched and pureed)|
|Canned chickpeas||300 Gram (1 can)|
|Mushrooms||12 (chopped in half if large)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
1. Heat some oil and sautee the onion and green chillies till the onion is translucent.
2. Add the finely chopped tomato and one tsp each of turmeric and chilly powder and mix.
3. Add one tsp each of ginger and garlic paste and stir, cooking to remove the raw taste.
4. Add 2 tsp of garam masala and mix and keep pressing the tomatoes down with the back of your spoon.
5. Add the tomato that was blanched and pureed, add salt and mix.
6. Add a cup of water, stir, cover and cook for a few minutes.
7. Try to puree any pieces of chopped tomatoes by pressing down with the back of a spoon.
8. Add the chickpeas followed by the mushrooms.
9. Cover and cook checking frequently to make sure the mushrooms are cooking and add more water as required.
10. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve.