A creamy pasta that can make a satisfying one-bowl meal. Macaroni pasta is cooked with mushroom and smooth, aromatic white sauce.
It can be easily customized with whatever you have in your refrigerator, just blanch some broccoli or sauté some vegetables, toss them in and increase the health quotient.
A dot of brandy can add a nice flavor-but you can omit it too . Relish it with warm garlic bread.
|Fresh cream||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (khumbh)|
|Cooked macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped garlic||2 Tablespoon (lehsun)|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon (maida)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste (kalimirch)|
|Grated processed cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (for garnish)|
1. Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms and plain flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
3. Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
4. Add the fresh cream, macaroni, salt and pepper, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Serve hot garnished with cheese.