Popcorn Chicken is popular for its small size and crunchy texture resembling Popcorn. These bigger morsels are made extra special by dunking them in a Tandoori marinade first as well as adding some of that marinade to the batter. The result is a delicious twist on both Popcorn and Tandoori Chicken.
|Yogurt||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Red kashmiri chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried fenugreek||1/2 Teaspoon (kasuri methi)|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chaat masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Black salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Regular all purpose flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Cut the Chicken into small pieces.
2. Prepare the marinade and reserve about 4 tbsps.
3. Marinate the Chicken in the rest of the marinade.
4. Prepare the breading by mixing the reserved tandoori marinade in the dry ingredients one tbsp at a time until it resembles dry breadcrumbs.
5. Dip the marinated Chicken in this and deep fry in hot oil till crispy.
6. Serve and enjoy!