This is not your Nonas lasagna, but this is MY version of Lasagna, a version I've made and fed my growing boys so many many times. My older son Adam at 3 used to call it 'Pisania' "Mom I love Pisania" lol This recipe is basic, but you can add and subtract ingredients to change it up!
|Diced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground meat||1 Kilogram (Beef, Lamb, Pork, Chicken)|
|Cumin powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||680 Milliliter|
|Chopped fresh basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||2 Tablespoon (optional)|
|Lasagna noodles||300 Gram|
|Kale leaves||24 Small (baby kale leaves)|
|Shredded cheese||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat the oil and add the onions.
3. Allow the onions to sweat and add the garlic to cook off that raw garlic flavour.
4. Add in the ground meat.
5. Break up the meat and allow it to infuse with the onions and garlic.
6. Add salt and cumin powder and mix it in.
7. After a few minutes you will notice liquid coming out of the meat, keep stirring to break up the lumps.
8. Add 680 ml of tomato sauce and mix this in well.
9. Add 200 ml of water int the jar to catch all that residual sauce.
10. Throw in some fresh Basil.
11. Put a lid on this for 2 mins and allow this to simmer.
12. Add hot sauce for a little kick.
13. Layer the sauce, lasagna, cheese & kale.
14. Stick this uncovered in a 350-degree oven for about 30 mins
15. Serve and enjoy!