Shakkar Para or Shankar Pali as I knew it growing up is a delicious sweet crispy cookie. It is widely distributed at Diwali but I remember my Grandma making this as a snack and also including this in our tray of sweets at Christmas time.
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ghee||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||3 1/2 Cup (56 tbs)|
1. Dissolve 1 cup of sugar in one cup of water in a saucepan over heat.
2. Add the ghee and allow it to melt and cool the liquid.
3. Add the semolina and the flour a little at a time.
4. When it reaches a dough consistency knead with your hands.
5. Divide in half and roll on a silicone mat.
6. Using a rolling cutter, cut diamond shapes, and deep fry.
7. Serve and enjoy!