How To Make Millionaire's Shortbread - I'm going to warn you now... this chocolatey, caramel coated shortbread recipe is very addictive! chocolate caramel slice of heaven.
|For the shortbread:|
|All purpose flour||225 Gram (375 mL / 1½ cups)|
|Butter||175 Gram (12 Tbsp / 180 mL, cold and cut up)|
|Sugar||75 Gram (100 mL / 7 Tbsp)|
|For the caramel:|
|Butter||150 Gram (11 Tbsp / 165 mL)|
|Canned condensed milk||300 Milligram (1 can of 10 oz)|
|Maple syrup||100 Milliliter (7 Tbsp / 3½oz)|
|For the chocolate:|
|Chocolate||350 Gram (12 oz, or a mix of your favorite)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
2. Make a parchment sling in a 9"x9" baking pan.
3. Pulse the flour and butter cubes in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and pulse until combined. Place this shortbread mixture into the cake pan and spread it out evenly.
4. Press the shortbread down firmly into the pan. Bake the shortbread for 30 minutes or until lightly golden.
5. Set aside to cool completely. For the caramel topping; stir the condensed milk, butter, and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat, until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth. Increase the heat, continue stirring, and bring the mixture to a boil.
6. The caramel will thicken, turn golden-brown, and smell wonderful.
7. Allow to cool slightly, then pour over the cooled shortbread layer.
8. Allow these to cool completely. Melt the chocolate; either in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water or in a microwave, stirring until melted and smooth, Pour the melted chocolate over the fully cooled caramel and allow the chocolate to set. You can substitute with any corn syrup / golden syrup.
9. Serve and enjoy!