Saucy mixtures of kidney beans, onions and capsicum are very commonly used in Mexican cuisine. This evergreen combo doubles up as the topping for this lip-smacking pizza, which also features other all-time favourites like tomatoes, sweet corn and of course, cheese too! Featuring so many popular ingredients, this Mexican Rajma Corn Pizza is a safe bet for any party or gathering because everybody is sure to love it!
|For the rajma topping:|
|Soaked and boiled rajma||1 Cup (16 tbs) (kidney beans)|
|Finely chopped onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped capsicum||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato ketchup||2 Tablespoon|
|For other ingredients:|
|Pizza base||2 (thin, 7 inches)|
|Chopped tomatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiled sweet corn kernels||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (makai ke dane)|
|Grated processed cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry red chilli flakes||1/2 Teaspoon (paprika)|
FOR THE RAJMA TOPPING:
1. Mash the rajma coarsely using a potato masher. Keep aside.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Add the rajma, chilli powder, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
FOR THE PIZZA:
1. Arrange 2 pizza base on a clean, dry surface and spread half of the rajma topping on each pizza base and spread it evenly.
2. Top it with ¼ cup corn, ¼ cup of tomatoes and ¼ cup of cheese evenly over each pizza base.
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 12 minutes or till the pizza turns crisp and the cheese melts.
4. Serve immediately.