Wait! I know if you are in North America, youre saying No way, not corn ice cream!. But. Yes. Sweet Corn ice cream is really good well at least Glen thinks so, Julie isnt so sure. This is an ice cream flavour popular in Asia, and we came across it this summer when visiting family in Little Rock. So Glen thought hed give a Sweet Corn Ice Cream Recipe a go.
|Frozen sweet corn||500 Milliliter (2 cups)|
|35 % whipping cream||500 Milliliter (2 cups)|
|3 % milk||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Sugar||150 Gram (2/3 cup)|
|Pure vanilla extract||10 Milliliter (2 tsp)|
|Egg yolks||5 Large|
1. Place the corn in a blender with the milk and blend thoroughly.
2. You want to fully liquify the corn.
3. In a medium saucepan whisk together the milk / corn mixture and the heavy cream.
4. Bring it just to a simmer, stir, and then remove from the heat.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yolks and the sugar.
6. Whisking constantly, temper the egg yolks with some of the hot cream.
7. Whisking pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture reaches 170ºF.
8. Pour custard through a sieve into a bowl, and whisk in the vanilla.
9. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
10. Freeze in an ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
11. Churn until frozen, transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden.
12. Serve and enjoy!