Potatoes, stuffed with an exotic herbed mixture of spaghetti, sun-dried tomatoes and capsicum, are topped with cheese and baked to perfection, till the cheese melts and the filling fuses with the potatoes, resulting in a perfect starter! For your Stuffed Potato with Spaghetti to be firm, remember not to pressure cook the potatoes follow the instructions in the recipe to semi-cook the potatoes as they will get fully cooked later while baking.
|Unpeeled potatoes||4 Medium|
|Salt||To Taste (for sprinkling)|
|Grated processed cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|For the stuffing:|
|Boiled spaghetti||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chop|
|Sun dried tomatoes||10|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon (lehsun)|
|Finely chopped capsicum||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (red , yellow and green)|
|Fresh cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry red chilli flakes||1 1/2 Teaspoon (paprika)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped basil||2 Tablespoon|
FOR THE STUFFING:
1. Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in enough warm water in a bowl for 10 minutes. Drain well, chop them finely and keep aside.
2. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, spaghetti, fresh cream, chilli flakes, mixed herbs and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
3. Add the basil and mix well. Keep aside to cool completely.
4. Divide the filling into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
FOR THE STUFFED POTATO:
1. Combine the potatoes and enough water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for approx. . 15 minutes or till the potatoes are 80% cooked. Drain and cool completely.
2. Cut each potato into half vertically and scoop out the centres of each potato halve a little, using a spoon, so that a light depression is formed for the stuffing.
3. Sprinkle little salt over all the potato halves.
4. Fill each potato halve with a portion of the stuffing and sprinkle ½ tbsp of cheese on each potato halve.
5. Bake the stuffed potatoes in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Serve immediately.