A fusion of Italian and Oriental cuisine, the Chinese Panini is a sumptuous snack of Panini bread, grilled with a filling that combines juicy veggies, crunchy fried noodles and tongue-tickling sauces. The result is a Panini that will surprise you pleasantly with its amazing mouth-feel and vibrant flavour. Panini is an Italian grilled sandwich made with breads like baguette, and never with sliced bread. If you cannot find a variety of Panini bread, you can use hot dog rolls instead. Be generous with the butter so that you get a good rich taste. A sweet, tangy and spicy treat, the Chinese Panini is best enjoyed fresh, while the crispy and juicy textures are in tact. You can also try other Panini recipes like the Tomato Basil Mozzarella Panini or Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Panini .
|Sliced spring onions||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) , divided (1/2 cup whites and 1/4 cup greens)|
|Garlic paste||2 Teaspoon (lehsun)|
|Julienned carrot||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cabbage||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced capsicum||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (red , yellow and green)|
|Schezuan sauce||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato ketchup||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Hot dog rolls||4|
|Butter||10 Teaspoon (for spreading and brushing)|
|Fried noodles||4 Tablespoon|
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onions and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
2. Add the carrot, cabbage, capsicum and salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
3. Add the schezuan sauce, tomato ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Switch off the flame, add the spring onion greens, mix well and keep aside.
5. How to proceed
6. Divide the Chinese stuffing into 4 equal portions.
7. Slit each hot dog roll horizontally using a sharp knife. Apply 1 tsp of butter on each side.
8. Take one bread roll and on the lower halve of the bread roll put a portion of the Chinese stuffing and spread it evenly. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of fried noodles evenly over it.
9. Close the bread roll and apply ½ tsp of butter on top of the bread and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 5 minutes till it turns crispy and brown from both the sides.
10. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more paninis.
11. Cut each panini diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
12. Serve immediately.