Your kids will jump with joy and thank you for this sumptuous treat! A succulent cutlet of paneer and coarsely crushed green peas give an exciting twist to this crunchy, juicy, satiating burger. Eggless mayonnaise provides the required creaminess, while veggies and lettuce impart an enjoyable crunch to this Paneer and Green Peas Burger. Interestingly, this burger stays fresh in the tiffin box for around 5 hours, and can be comfortably sent to school for your kids, with all your love! Fat-Free Wafers is a good
accompaniment to the burger, so do pack some in another tiffin.
|For paneer and green pea cutlet:|
|Crumbled paneer||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (cottage cheese)|
|Boiled and coarsely crushed green peas||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiled peeled mashed potatoes||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green chilli paste||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon (dhania)|
|Bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|For other ingredients:|
|Whole wheat burger buns||4|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (for brushing)|
|Eggless mayonnaise||4 Tablespoon|
|Iceberg lettuce leaves||4|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Tomato ketchup||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (for serving)|
FOR THE PANEER AND GREEN PEA CUTLETS:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thick flat cutlet.
3. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with little oil. Cook the cutlets on it, using a little oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
FOR ASSEMBLING THE BURGER:
1. Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply a little butter on both the sides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a non-stick tava (griddle). Keep aside.
2. Place a lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface and place a lettuce leaf over it.
3. Spread 1 tbsp of mayonnaise over it, place a cutlet, 2 tomato slices and 1 onion slice over it.
4. Finally, sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over it.
5. Cover with an upper half of the bun and press it lightly.
6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 3 more burgers.
7. Allow the burgers to cool completely, wrap in an aluminum foil and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.