Pumpkin Pie is the probably our favorite fall pie. There is something about that pumpkin spice blend that is so warming and comforting.
This pumpkin pie recipe uses our 'house' pumpkin spice blend - but you can feel free to substitute your own pumpkin pie spice.
|Pumpkin puree/Winter squash||2 Cup (32 tbs) (500 mL)|
|Ginger powder||1 Teaspoon (5 mL)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (5 mL)|
|Allspice||1/2 Teaspoon (2 mL)|
|Ground cloves||1/4 Teaspoon (1 mL)|
|Ground nutmeg||1/4 Teaspoon (1 mL)|
|Brown sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (125 mL)|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (125 mL)|
|Cream 35%||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF)
2. In a big bowl mix together squash, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, salt, and brown sugar
3. In a separate bowl beat eggs with the milk and cream.
4. Mix the eggs into the squash and stir to fully combine.
5. Pour the filling into a prepared 9½" deep dish pie shell.
6. Place in the oven for 15 minutes at 400ºF.
7. Turn oven down to 375ºF and bake for 45 minutes more.
8. Pie is done when it just barely wiggles in the center.
9. Turn oven off and crack the door open, leaving the pie inside to cool.
10. Serve and enjoy!