How to make Charro Beans In A Slow Cooker... a slow cooker is the perfect way to make these cowboy beans - throw everything in, and forget it. Like I say in the video, there are many versions of this recipe. Different meats, no meat, different beans, a mix of beans, beer, spicing, etc, etc, etc. You can really make this recipe your own!
|Bacon||1/2 Pound , chop (250g)|
|Onions||2 Small , mince|
|Jalapenos||3 , dice|
|Dry pinto beans||1 Pound (500g)|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon (15 mL)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon (10 mL)|
|Broth||4 Cup (64 tbs) (1L, chicken/Pork or beef)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (500 mL)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm) , crush|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||15 Ounce (1 can of 540 mL)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Rinse beans in a colander.
2. Cook bacon until the fat has rendered out and crispy.
3. Mince and dice the onions and jalapeño.
4. Place the beans, cumin, chili powder, onion, jalapeño, broth, water, and crushed garlic into slow cooker.
5. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
6. Stir in chopped tomatoes, cover, and cook for an additional hour or until tender.
7. Serve and enjoy!