A cross between an Old Fashioned Southern Buttermilk Pie, and a Southern Chess Pie.. It's all South and full of flavor!
|Sugar||450 Gram (2 ¼ cups)|
|Cornmeal||2 Tablespoon (30 mL)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon (45 mL)|
|Butter||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) , melt (175 mL)|
|Buttermilk||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (¾ cup)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon (15 mL)|
|Lemon||1 (Zest of full lemon and juice of half lemon)|
|Pie shell||1 (unbaked)|
1. Preheat oven to 190ºC (375ºF).
2. Whisk together the sugar, cornmeal, and flour.
3. Beat the eggs into the sugar mix.
4. To that add the butter, buttermilk, and vanilla & mix.
5. Stir in lemon zest and juice.
6. Pour mixture into the pie shell.
7. Bake at 375ºF for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and set.
8. Serve and enjoy!