This All Pie Dough / All Butter Pie Crust is the classic no-fail recipe, but super easy made in a food processor.This can go by many names: Shortcrust Pastry, or the French Pâte Brisée
|All purpose flour||345 Gram (2½ cups)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (15 mL)|
|Salt||3/4 Tablespoon (3 mL)|
|Chilled butter||240 Gram (1 cup, cut into 1/2 inch cubes)|
|Ice water||90 Milliliter (6 tbsp)|
1. Cut up butter and put in the freezer.
2. Add half the flour, sugar, and salt to a food processor and pulse to combine.
3. Add the frozen butter and pulse to create what looks like peas coated in flour.
4. Add the remaining flour and pulse a few more times.
5. While pulsing, slowly drizzle in the cold water.
6. Only add enough water for the dough to start coming together.
7. You most likely won’t need all of the water.
8. Dump the crumbly dough out onto the counter, and carefully bring together with your hands.
9. Divide in two, pat each half into a disk.
10. Wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
11. Makes two 9 ½” Deep dish pie shells
12. Bake and use.