Game day meatballs for your party! This Tex-Mex Southwest chipotle meatball recipe is what you should be cooking this weekend!
|Ground beef||750 Gram (1½ pounds)|
|Cheddar cheese||100 Gram , grated|
|Chopped cilantro||2 Tablespoon (30 mL, plus more for garnish)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , mince|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon (5 mL)|
|Chipotle chili powder||1 Teaspoon (5 mL)|
|Jalapeno||3 (1 minced and 2 sliced)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (15 mL)|
|Onion||1 , chop|
|Crushed tomatoes||16 Ounce|
|Chipotle adobo sauce||2 Tablespoon (30 mL)|
1. Combine ground beef, cumin, chipotle chill powder, jalapeño, cilantro, cheese, egg, and garlic.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Mix, and divide into meatballs.
4. Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
5. Add meatballs and brown on all sides.
6. Remove the meatballs and add the onions and sliced jalapeños and cook until softened.
7. Add tomatoes and chipotle peppers and season with salt and pepper.
8. Stir together and simmer until the flavor develops.
9. Reduce heat to low and add meatballs tossing in the sauce.
10. Cover and cook until meatballs are heated through.
11. Garnish with cilantro and grated cheese.
12. Serve and enjoy!