When I think of the flavor of key lime, it seems synonymous with warm weather. The Florida Keys are a spectacular place to visit and just soak up the sun. The thought of lazy days on the beach is therapeutic, isnt it?
|Please watch the video for ingredients!|
1. Prepare the White Buttermilk Cake per the recipe directions in 9 x 13-inch pan. If using the cake mix, prepared per the package directions in a 9 x 13-inch pan.
2. As soon as the cake is removed from the oven, use the end of a wooden spoon or similar to poke holes over the surface of the cake.
3. Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup heavy cream, lime juice, 2 Tbsp lime zest, and 1 tsp pure vanilla. Add a few drops of green food coloring, if desired.
4. Pour the key lime filling over the top of the cake and into the holes.
5. Spread evenly into the holes. Chill completely.
6. Whip the remaining 2 cups heavy cream, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1/3 cup granulated sugar until stiff peaks form.
7. Frost the top of the cake.
8. Sprinkle with the remaining lime zest, toasted sliced almonds, and grated white chocolate. Store chilled.
9. Serve and enjoy!