This soup includes an ingredient banned in the U.S.A., Canada, and the E.U.
This Roasted Cauliflower Garam Masala Soup recipe is unlike most other cauliflower soup recipes in that, the spicing brings loads of flavor, and it doesnt rely on cheese and heavy cream!
|Ghee||30 Milliliter (2 Tbsp)|
|Mustard oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tbsp)|
|Garam masala||15 Milliliter (1 Tbsp)|
|Chili powder||5 Milliliter (1 tsp)|
|Cauliflower head||1 Large (cut into small florets)|
|White onions||150 , dice (1 large or 2 small)|
|Celery||250 Gram , slice (about 3 stalks)|
|Carrot||250 Gram , dice (about 3)|
|Cornstarch||15 Milliliter (1 Tbsp, optional)|
|Chicken stock||500 Milliliter (For reconstitution, 2 cups)|
|Milk||500 Milliliter (2 cups)|
1. Preheat over to 230ºC (450ºF).
2. In a big bowl mix ghee, mustard oil, garam masala, and chili powder.
3. Toss in cauliflower, onions, celery, and carrots to fully coat.
4. Place on a sheet pan and roast in the oven until softened and starting to char.
5. In a pot over medium heat combine the cornstarch, chicken stock, and milk.
6. Stir constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
7. Add in the roasted veg, reduce the heat to low and simmer 3 to 5 minutes until the soup has thickened.
8. Use a stick blender to smooth out some of the vegs.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Serve hot.