Buttered and chutney slices of bread are sandwiched with a succulent paneer mixture flavored with tongue-tickling spice mixes like garam masala and pav bhaji masala. Add some crunchy veggies like capsicum and onions to the sandwich, and what you have is a creation beyond comparison. The Paneer Sandwich is one awesome deal that nobody can refuse! Make sure you serve it immediately because it will get soggy and chewy after a while as most grilled sandwiches do. So, enjoy it immediately after grilling.
|Butter||6 Teaspoon (4 tsp for spreading and 2 tsp for brushing)|
|Green chutney||8 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|For paneer stuffing:|
|Crumbled paneer||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (cottage cheese)|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 (haldi)|
|Garam masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Pav bhaji masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato ketchup||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (for serving)|
1. Divide the paneer stuffing into 4 equal portions.
2. Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface, spread ½ tsp of butter and 1 tsp of green chutney on each bread slice.
3. Place a portion of the paneer stuffing on a buttered-chutney bread slice and spread it evenly.
4. Arrange 2 onion slices and 1 capsicum slice over it. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper evenly over it.
5. Sandwich it with the other buttered-chutney side facing downwards and press it lightly. Spread ½ tsp of butter evenly over it.
6. Grill the sandwich in a greased hot griller till it turns golden brown in color from both the sides.
7. Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 equal portions.
8. Repeat steps 2 to 7 to make 3 more sandwiches.
9. Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.