Glen Julie are testing out Tandoori-Style Chicken recipes in the Ooni Pro wood-fired pizza oven...Glen lost track, and maybe over charred it a little bit, but it still tasted amazing! This recipe was inspired by Anjum Anand's cookbook "I Love India".
|Skinless chicken thighs/Skinless chicken legs||8|
|Lemon||1 , juice extracted|
|Full fat yogurt||120 Gram (125 mL / ½ cup)|
|Ground cayenne pepper||2 Teaspoon (7|
|Turmeric powder||2 Teaspoon (10 mL)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon (5 mL)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon ((5 mL))|
|Coarse salt||1 Teaspoon (5 mL)|
|Mustard oil/Vegetabel oil||2 Tablespoon (30 mL)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) , crush|
|Green chilli||1 , chop|
|Ginger||15 Gram , grated (roughly the size of your thumb)|
1. Juice the lemon.
2. In a bowl mix together the ingredients for the marinade: yogourt, cayenne, turmeric, garam masala, cumin, salt, mustard oil, garlic, chili pepper, ginger.
3. Stir that up to fully combine.
4. Cut slashes in the chicken pieces right down to the bone in 3-4 places to let the marinade penetrate.
5. Put the chicken in the bowl with the marinade; toss to coat, cover and place in the fridge for 4-5 hours, but overnight would be best.
6. Preheat your BBQ Grill, oven, tandoor, or pizza oven to high heat.
7. Place the chicken on the grill, turn it often and move it around to prevent burning.
8. You want it to be slightly charred around the edges and cooked through to the bone.
9. Or - place the chicken on a baking sheet under the broiler in your oven, and cook until charred on both sides and cooked through.
10. Serve and enjoy!