Restaurant-Style Tomato Pulao is an all-time favourite recipe all over the country. Tantalizingly tangy with a balanced touch of spices, this pulao has a distinct flavour, which everybody loves. It is loaded with veggies, which give it a vibrant mouth-feel. You will surely enjoy the mix of flavours and textures in this dish. It can be served as a one-dish meal, with a cup of curds or raita. You can also try other pulao recipes like Soya and Vegetable Pulao or Pudina Pulao.
|Tomato cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh tomato pulp||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked long grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (basmati)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon (jeera)|
|Chopped onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon (adrak)|
|Finely chopped garlic||2 Teaspoon (lehsun)|
|Finely chopped capsicum||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiled green peas||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chilli powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon (dhania)|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon (haldi)|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon (dhania)|
|Lemon juice||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
2. Add the onions, ginger, and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Add the capsicum and sauté on medium flame for 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomato cubes and green peas, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes while stirring occasionally.
5. Add the tomato pulp, chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the rice, coriander and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Serve hot.