In my world, if the title of a recipe begins with butter and its immediately followed with pecans you know its going to be scrumptious. A buttery homemade cookie dough embellished with pecans and toffee bits turns these cookies into an out of this world snack with a glass of cold milk. A couple of Butter Pecan Cookies for a treat is the equivalent of angel food, in my book. Its not a secret that we love pecans in the South and any excuse to use them will do. Whether youre baking for a special occasion or elbow deep in holiday baking these cookies wont last long in your cookie jar.
|All purpose flour||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) , softened (2 sticks)|
|Packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Pecan pieces||2 Cup (32 tbs) , chop|
|English toffee bits||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (bits|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Cream together the softened butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. until fluffy and light beige in color, around 2 minutes.
4. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl periodically. After all of the flour has been added beat for 1 minute.
6. Mix in the pecan pieces and bits-o-brickle by hand until evenly distributed in the dough.
7. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
8. Use a 2 oz ice cream scoop to divide the dough. Place onto the cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
9. Bake in batches for 18 minutes until golden. [Keep the dough chilled between batches.]
10. Cool on the pan for 3 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.
11. Serve and enjoy!