This glorious Pecan Praline Caramel Trifle is a celebration of all of my favorite things. Bite-size cubes of homemade pecan praline buttermilk pound cake are layered with caramel pudding, whipped cream, caramel drizzle and toasted pecans. Add a generous sprinkle of toffee bits and its a confection the caramel fans in your life will love.
|Chopped pecans||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , toast|
|Pound cake||1 , cubed (Pecan Praline Buttermilk)|
|Caramel instant pudding||7 Ounce (2 boxes of 3 1/2 ounces each)|
|Half and half||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned cream cheese||8 Ounce , softened (1 can)|
|Whipped topping||16 Ounce , thawed (2 cans of 8 ounces each)|
|Dulce de leche/Caramel ice cream topping||14 Ounce (1 can)|
|Toffee bits||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (bits|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Spread the chopped pecans in a single layer. Toast for 6-8 minutes then set aside to cool completely.
3. Bake, cool and cube the Pecan Praline Buttermilk pound cake.
4. In a large mixing bowl using a hand or stand mixer whip together the instant pudding mix and half and half. Beat until thickened but still pourable.
5. Add the cream cheese. Beat until completely incorporated about 2-3 minutes.
6. By hand fold in 1 (8-oz) whipped topping.
7. To assemble: start with 1/3 cake, topped with 1/2 pudding. Repeat ending with cubed cake.
8. In a microwave-safe bowl warm the dulce de leche until pourable for about 20-30 seconds.
9. Drizzle 1/2 over the final layer of cubed cake.
10. Frost with the remaining whipped topping.
11. Drizzle the whipped topping with the remaining dulce de leche, sprinkle with bits-o-brickle and chopped pecans. (Make sure the dulce de leche is cooled slightly)
12. Keep chilled until serving.