Bacon Jalapeno Popper Cheesy Bread is buttery and cheesy with a slight heat and wonderful bacon flavor! Its perfect as a side, a breakfast or used in a sandwich.
|Cooked bacon||1 Cup (16 tbs) , chop (about 8 to 10 slices)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese softened||8 Ounce|
|Diced jalapeno||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (this will be about 1 large jalapeno, I diced seeds as well)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetabel oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees
2. Spray 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray
3. In a large bowl combine cream cheese, jalapenos, bacon and cheese. Stir to combine.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Whisk to combine. (You can use a mixer for this, just be careful not to over-mix.)
5. Add cream cheese mixture, 1 tablespoon oil and buttermilk and mix until just combined, don't over-mix.
6. Pour mixture into loaf pan.
7. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, Top should be brown and when tested with a wooden pick the pick comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
8. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack, cool 5 minutes before removing.
9. Serve warm or at room temperature.