Banana Bread Blondies with Quick Caramel Frosting is moist, dense, soft, and tender. You may just enjoy this dessert more than traditional banana bread.
|For the cake:|
|Granulated sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Eggs||2 (room temperature)|
|Ripe mashed banana||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For caramel frosting:|
|Packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy whipping cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (not whipped)|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs) , sifted|
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease and flour a 15x10x2 inch jelly roll pan.
3. In a large bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs until creamy.
4. Blend in bananas and vanilla extract.
5. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Blend for 1 minute.
6. Stir in walnuts.
7. Evenly spread the batter on the prepared pan.
8. Bake 18 to 20 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. For the Caramel Frosting
10. On medium heat, bring the sugar, butter, and whipping cream to a boil.
11. Boil 1 minute exactly.
12. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in vanilla extract.
13. Slowly whisk in powdered sugar and whisk for 3 to 5 minutes to thicken.
14. Immediately pour over cake. Quickly spread evenly.
15. Serve or Store in an airtight container on the counter for 2 days or refrigerate 3 to 5 days.