Easy Strawberry Cake tastes and looks like a bakery cake, but is easier than from-scratch! It's full of fresh strawberries in the cake and the icing. This cake is 'easy' because it starts with a cake mix, but don't worry unless you tell noone will ever know!
|White cake mix||18 Ounce (1 package, use ingredients listed here NOT what is listed on the box)|
|Strawberry jello||3 Ounce (1 package)|
|Finely chopped strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs) (frozen can be used)|
|Vegetable oil/Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 Large (room temperature)|
|For strawberry cream cheese frosting:|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 package)|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Confectioner sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Heavy whipping cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped strawberries||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , drained|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly spray pans with non-stick spray.
3. Place the cake mix, jello, strawberries, oil, milk and eggs in a large bowl. Mix 3 minutes, stopping to scrap down sides of bowl a couple times. 4.
4. Divide the batter evenly among layer pans or pour into 9x13 inch pan. For 9x13 pan bake 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Cook layers according to directions on the box of cake mix.) Remove cake and cool completely.
FOR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
1. Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth.
2. Sift sugar and add one cup full at a time to cream mixture.
3. Add cream and strawberries and incorporate completely.
4. Pour over cake and smooth out covering entire cake layer.
5. Serve and enjoy!