Lemon Icebox Cake was inspired by the classic pie. This silky, refrigerated cake has the popular filling made with lemon juice and sweet condensed milk. Its the perfect marriage of tangy, tart lemon filling and buttery cake and crowned with fluffy whipped cream.
|Yellow cake mix/White cake mix||1 Box|
|Lemon instant pudding mix||1 Box (small)|
|Oil||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the lemon icebox filling:|
|Canned sweetened condensed milk||28 Ounce (2 can)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the whipped cream:|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
FOR THE CAKE:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 9x13 inch cake pan with non-stick spray.
3. In a bowl beat together the cake mix, instant pudding, water, oil, and eggs until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 27 to 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before topping with Lemon Icebox filling. For the Lemon Icebox Filling
6. In a bowl combine sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice.
7. Whisk or mix with an electric mixer until mixture thickens. This will take 60 to 90 seconds.
8. Pour over cooled lemon cake and refrigerate until filling sets about 15 minutes. For the Whipped Cream
9. Place mixer bowl and whisk in the freezer for 20 minutes to chill.
10. Pour heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla into the bowl and whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form. This will take about 1 minute.
11. Spread over cooled cake.
12. Serve and enjoy!