Pimento Cheese Scalloped Potatoes will satisfy your craving for comfort food. Similar to Twice Baked Potato Casserole, this recipe is full of flavor with the addition of pimento cheese spread. This is a creamy, cheesy, satisfying side dish.
|For pimento cheese:|
|Jarred pimento||4 Ounce (1 jar)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||8 Ounce|
|Mayonnaise||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||2 Tablespoon , softened|
|Lemon juice||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cayenne pepper||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Salt||To Taste (or to taste)|
|Ground black pepper||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Celery seeds||1/8 Teaspoon|
|For twice baked potatoes:|
|Russet potatoes||4 , washed (dried)|
|Pimento cheese||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon , softened|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped cilantro||1 Tablespoon (for garnish if desired)|
FOR PIMENTO CHEESE:
1. In a large bowl, mix pimentos, jalapeno, cheese, mayonnaise, cream cheese, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, salt (if needed), and pepper.
2. Refrigerate if making it ahead of time.
FOR TWICE BAKED POTATOES:
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Wrap potatoes in foil and bake potatoes at 425 for 45 to 50 minutes or until soft and tender when squeezed.*
3. Remove from oven and allow to cool until cool enough to handle.
4. Scoop pulp out to 1/2 inch of skin.
5. Place potato skins on baking sheet.
6. Mix potato pulp, pimento cheese, salt, pepper sour cream, and butter together.
7. Spoon mixture into potato skins. (*up to this point can be made ahead and refrigerated.)
8. Serve hot.
Faster method: You can microwave the potatoes and they will taste just as good. Poke holes in the potatoes with a fork, then wrap each potato with plastic wrap. Microwave 4 to 5 minutes per potato. Check for tenderness. If you are cooking 4 potatoes in the microwave you will need to cook them for at least 10 to 12 minutes. Proceed with directions for filling. Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.