This is How To Make Bread Pudding Without A Recipe - but for those of you who need a little guidance... The recipe for easy bread pudding with maple syrup is below:
|Stale bread||450 Gram|
|Sugar||125 Milliliter (1/2 cup)|
|Maple syrup||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Milk||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Cream 35%||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Pure vanilla extract||10 Milliliter (2 tsp)|
|Bourbon/Whiskey||30 Milliliter (rum or brandy about 2 tbsp)|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC (325ºF).
2. Cut up the stale bread into your desired chunk size, place in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, vanilla, salt, whisky, and nutmeg.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the bread, stir to completely coat and allow to soak for an hour or so.
5. Pour the pudding mixture into a buttered 9x13” baking dish.
6. Bake for 40 - 60 minutes - or until custard is set the way you like it.
7. Serve and enjoy!
1. If you like more custard, add an extra egg and ½ cup more milk.
2. If you like a thicker custard add an extra egg - or for a thinner custard add more milk.
3. Change up the flavour by adding different extracts.