Not Another Mashed Potatoes Recipe - Does the internet really need another video recipe on how to make mashed potatoes? Probably not, there are tons of videos titled ultimate mashed potatoes, best ever mashed potatoes, creamiest mashed potatoes, perfect mashed potatoes... So why is Glen making this video?
Well because he was making mashed potatoes for dinner (to go with an amazing beef stew) and filming it just made sense.
|Half and half milk/Half and half cream||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Potatoes||1 Kilogram , peeled (dry or starchy, 2 pounds)|
|Coarse salt||34 Milliliter (2|
|Dry mustard powder||30 Milliliter (1|
|Butter||125 Milliliter , melt|
1. Place milk, crushed garlic, and thyme in a small pot over a low gentle heat to steep.
2. Peel the potatoes, cut into uniform chunks and place in a large pot.
3. Add salt and dried mustard to the pot along with enough cold water to cover.
4. Gently simmer the potatoes until they are fork tender.
5. Drain potatoes, and push them through a ricer.
6. Pour melted butter over potatoes, and gently stir in.
7. Taste potatoes and adjust salt if needed.
8. Pour half of the milk through a strainer onto potatoes, and gently stir in.
9. Taste potatoes and judge consistency before adding remaining milk/cream.
10. Not all of the milk may be needed, depending on your potatoes.
11. Serve and enjoy!
1. Instead of dry mustard powder, you could use wasabi or horseradish.
2. You could steep almost any flavor into the milk/cream.