Our Winter's Coming Beef And Stout Stew Recipe is perfect for those colder winter nights. This hearty beef stew is great served over mashed potatoes.
|Stewing beef||1 Kilogram (2 pound)|
|Canned tomato paste||60 Milliliter (1 can, 1/4 cup)|
|Marmite/Vegemite||30 Milliliter (1|
|Chicken stock/Beef stock||500 Milliliter (2 cups)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) , mince|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||4|
|Canned stout||12 Ounce (1 can)|
|Onions||4 , chop|
|Carrots||2 Large , chop|
|Celery ribs||3 , chop|
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF
2. Cut up beef into 1" cubes.
3. Season beef with salt and pepper.
4. Heat a heavy cast iron Dutch oven on high, and coat bottom with oil.
5. Brown the beef in batches.
6. Place all of the beef back in the Dutch oven, and still on high add the tomato paste.
7. Stir in the tomato paste and cook in the oil and beef juices for a minute or two before adding the Marmite.
8. Continue frying the beef, tomato, and Marmite until you've built up a really great fond.
9. Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock.
10. Add the garlic, thyme, beer, onion, carrot, and celery.
11. Bring to a gentle boil, cover and place in the oven for 3-4 hours.
12. Serve and enjoy!