This Incredible Sweet Maple Pouding-Chômeur Recipe is a Canadian Quebecois dessert treat! Translated it means unemployed cake or poor mans cake... but it is a decadent dessert that is anything but poor.
|Unsalted butter||115 Gram , softened (125 mL / ½ cup)|
|Sugar||100 Gram (125 mL / ½ cup)|
|Unbleached all purpose flour||225 Gram (1 1/2 cups)|
|Baking powder||10 Milliliter (2 tsp)|
|Coarse salt||2 Milliliter (½ tsp)|
|Pure vanilla extract||5 Milliliter (1 tsp)|
|Maple syrup||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Cream 35%||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Milk||180 Milliliter (3/4 cup)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In a saucepan, bring maple syrup and cream to a gentle simmer.
5. To the creamed butter, add eggs, one at a time, and beat until mixture is smooth.
6. Beat in vanilla.
7. At low speed, slowly add dry ingredients alternating with milk.
8. Transfer the dough to a deep baking dish (aprox 2L / 8 cups).
9. Pour the hot syrup overtop.
10. Place the baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake 40 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
11. Serve warm or cold.