When you want a veg sandwich but are in no mood to settle for a plain one, go for this snazzy Veg Toast Sandwich. Here, generously buttered bread slices are sandwiched with juicy and crunchy vegetable slices and a dash of peppy chutneys and sandwich masala, and toasted till it acquires a wonderful golden hue, an aroma that makes you drool and a flavour that deserves the highest ranking! A garnish of crunchy sev adds to the drool-worthiness of this snack. Make sure this Veg Toast Sandwich is served immediately upon toasting, because the chutneys will tend to make the crisp bread soggy after a while.
|Butter||9 Teaspoon , divided (4 tsp for spreading, 1 tsp for brushing, 2 tsp for greasing, 2 tsp for topping)|
|Green chutney||10 Teaspoon , divided (8 tsp for spreading and 2 tsp for topping)|
|Boiled potatoes||4 , slice (about 16 slices)|
|Salt||To Taste (for sprinkling)|
|Sandwich masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Boiled beetroot||1 , slice (about 4 slices)|
|Sev||4 Tablespoon (for topping)|
|Serving sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (tomato ketchup, green chutney)|
1. Place 2 bread slices on a clean dry surface, apply ½ tsp of butter on each bread slice and spread it evenly.
2. Spread 1 tsp of green chutney on each buttered bread slice and spread it evenly.
3. Arrange 5 cucumber slices on one buttered-chutney bread slice, place 4 potato slices over it and sprinkle a little salt and ¼ tsp of sandwich masala evenly over it.
4. Arrange 4 tomato slices, 2 onion slices, 2 capsicum slices and 1 beetroot slice evenly over it. Finally sprinkle a little salt and ¼ tsp of sandwich masala evenly over it.
5. Cover it with another slice of bread, with the buttered-chutney side facing downwards and press it lightly.
6. Spread ¼ tsp of butter evenly over it.
7. Grease a sandwich toaster on both the sides using ½ tsp of butter.
8. Place the sandwich in the sandwich toaster and cook on a medium flame, till it turns brown and crisp from both the sides.
9. Cut into 6 equal pieces, place it on a plate and apply ½ tsp of butter and ½ tsp of green chutney evenly over it.
10. Finally sprinkle 1 tbsp of sev evenly over it.
11. Repeat steps 1 to 10 to make 3 more toasts.
12. Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.