This dessert not only looks amazing but has the flavours to match!
|For the ice cream:|
|Whole milk||800 Milliliter|
|Caster sugar||80 Gram|
|Condensed milk||100 Milliliter|
|Liquid glucose||20 Gram|
|For the honeycomb:|
|Caster sugar||200 Gram|
|Liquid glucose||70 Gram|
|Bicarb soda||1 Tablespoon|
|For the raspberry coulis:|
|Fresh raspberries||120 Gram|
|Lemon juice||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|For the pickled raspberries:|
|Apple cider vinegar||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Edible flowers||To Taste|
|Baby basil/Micro greens||To Taste|
For the ice cream:
1. Put the milk and sugar into a large saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat and simmer and add the condensed milk and glucose.
2. While the milk is simmering soak the gelatine in cold water for 10 minutes. Squeeze the gelatine to remove the excess water. Remove the milk mixture from the heat and add the gelatine, stir well to combine.
3. Leave to cool overnight in the fridge or 4-5 hours. Pour the mixture into an ice cream churner and churn according to the manufactures instructions.
4. Once churned to the consistency of soft serve ice cream, transfer to a container and keep in the freezer until ready to serve.
For the Honeycomb:
5. Put the sugar, glucose, honey and water into a saucepan and cook over a med-high heat stirring occasionally until a golden caramel has formed and is bubbling.
6. Add the bicarb soda and mix in (the honeycomb will expand quickly so be careful) then tip the mix into a sheet pan lined with baking paper. Leave to cool and set. Once cold, bash the honeycomb into pieces and set aside.
For the Raspberry coulis:
7. Put the raspberries into a blender along with the sugar and lemon juice. Blitz until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve and place the mix aside.
For the pickled raspberries:
8. Into a bowl add the raspberries and sprinkle the sugar over the top. Add the vinegar and mix well, leave for 10 minutes before serving stirring several times.
9. To serve, paint each plate with one brush of the raspberry coulis. Put a scoop of ice cream in the middle, scatter honeycomb, flowers, basil and raspberries around the plate. Serve immediately.