Learn how to make a light and fluffy perfect Soufflé every time with Nicko's Kitchen.
|For the kiwi gel:|
|Kiwi fruit||150 Gram|
|For the soufflé:|
|Unsalted butter||15 Gram|
|Ripened bananas||1 Large|
|Eggs||2 Large (whites only)|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Confectioner's sugar||To Taste (For dusting)|
1. For the gel, place the kiwi fruit, sugar and water into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and stir occasionally. Take off the heat and carefully place into a small blender and blitz until smooth and glossy. Pass through a sieve and leave aside until needed.
2. Preheat the oven to 200c/400f and place a baking sheet in the oven to heat up. Evenly grease 4 ramekins with the butter, then coat the inside with a layer of sugar.
3. Place the banana and honey in a blender and blend until smooth. Leave aside.
4. Place the egg whites in a clean, dry mixing bowl and whisk the whites until they form soft peaks. Gradually add the caster sugar, whisking the entire time until stiff but not meringue stiff.
5. Using a spatula, fold one third of the egg whites into the banana mixture with vigour. Then gently fold in the remaining egg whites. Spoon the soufflé mix into the ramekins, tap the work surface to expel any trapped air and run a finger around the rim to create the "top hat" effect.
6. Put the soufflés on the preheated baking sheet and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes until risen.
7. To serve, place a spoonful of kiwi gel on each serving plate and dust the tops of the soufflés with icing sugar when they immediately come out from the oven. Serve immediately. ENJOY!