Frankies have a very high excitement quotient for the sheer thrill of biting into a Frankie and discovering the treasures wrapped into it is just amazing!
The Paneer Schezwan Frankie is one such chatpata Frankie recipe, where the tortillas are loaded with a tongue-tickling mix of paneer and veggies with tongue-tickling sauces like Schezwan sauce and soy sauce.
With its amazing mix of textures and flavours, this Frankie is great to serve at parties or to enjoy as an evening snack. Your kids will love to sink their teeth into one of these when they return from school.
|Butter||3 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chilli sauce||7 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cabbage||7 Tablespoon|
|For paneer stuffing:|
|Paneer cubes||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (cottage cheese)|
|Schezuan sauce||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped garlic||2 Teaspoon (lehsun)|
|Finely chopped green chillies||1 Teaspoon|
|Sliced onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced capsicum||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato ketchup||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped spring onion greens||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
FOR THE PANEER STUFFING:
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, green chillies, onions and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
2. Add the schezwan sauce, tomato ketchup, soy sauce and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
3. Add the paneer and spring onion greens, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
1. Divide the paneer stuffing into 7 equal portions. Keep aside.
2. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook a flour tortilla using a ½ tsp of butter till brown spots appear on both the sides.
3. Place a flour tortilla on a clean, and dry surface and put 1 tsp of chilli sauce and spread it evenly over it.
4. Put one portion of the prepared paneer stuffing on one side , and top it with 1 tbsp of cabbage evenly over it.
5. Fold from any one side and roll it up tightly.
6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 6 more paneer schezwan frankies.
7. Serve immediately.