Chicken Kiev is a gorgeous dish for special occasions!
|Chicken breasts||4 (skin off and tenderloin removed)|
|Panko crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the herb butter:|
|Softened unsalted butter||150 Gram|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , finely chopped|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
1. Place the garlic in a bowl with the salt. Using the back of a spoon press down until the garlic softens slightly but do not make it a paste. Now add the butter along with the parsley. Using a fork mash the ingredients together. Place on a layer of cling film and roll the plastic until a ball forms with the butter. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or in the fridge if making it ahead of time.
2. For the chicken, using a sharp knife make a deep cut along the thinner side of the breast and place the chicken between two layers on cling film. Using the flat side of a meat mallet thin out the chicken until it is between 1/2cm and 1cm thick. Remove the butter from the freezer or fridge and divide into 4 balls. Place in the middle of the chicken and wrap the flaps over the butter to enclose it. Place on cling film and tightly wrap until the chicken forms a tight ball. Place into the freezer for 1 hour to firm.
3. For the breading station, season the flour and panko crumbs with salt and place on two separate plates. Whisk two eggs with the milk and place on a large plate.
4. Remove the chicken from the freezer and carefully unwrap, place in the flour and coat all over, dip in the egg wash and finally into the panko crumbs. Make sure you press down firmly so the Chicken Kiev remains a tight ball.
5. Bring the vegetable oil to 180c/350f and preheat your oven to the same temperature. Gently lower in each Kiev and deep fry for 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden. Place on a baking dish and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Leave to rest for 5-7 minutes.
6. Serve with hand cut fries, potato mash or salad.