Succulent and tasty khaman dhoklas ready in minutes, this is just perfect to appease sudden hunger pangs! The Microwave Mug Dhokla is a kind of quick, no-fuss dish that you can prepare instantly without advance planning and without sweating in the kitchen. It is as easy as mixing a batter, filling it in a broad mug and cooking it in the microwave for a little more than two minutes. However, it must be had immediately after cooking to enjoy the fresh texture and taste. If left for a while it tends to get dry. So, make it just when required and enjoy it immediately. Also, when filling the mug, make sure you fill only till three-fourths of the mug, leaving enough place for the batter to expand and cook.
|Besan||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Bengal gram flour)|
|Asafoetida||1/2 Teaspoon (hing)|
|Finely chopped green chilies||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated ginger||1 Teaspoon (adrak)|
|Curd||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (dahi)|
|Fruit salt||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon (kadi patta)|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Green chutney||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for serving)|
1. Combine the besan, asafoetida, green chillies, 2 tsp sugar, ginger, curds, 4 tsp of oil, salt and approx. ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well.
2. Just before making the dhokla, put the fruit salt and 1 tbsp of water and mix gently.
3. Immediately pour into 2 broad microwave safe mugs.
4. Put 1 mug at a time in the microwave and microwave on high for 2 minutes 30 seconds. You will feel that it is overflowing but do not worry and do not open the microwave.
5. Repeat step 4 to cook one more mug.
6. Meanwhile heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil in small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
7. Add the remaining 2 tsp of sugar and ¼ cup of water and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
8. Pour equal quantities of the tempering on both the mugs and finally sprinkle coriander evenly over it.
9. Serve immediately with green chutney.