These one bite deep fried cheese balls are the bomb!
|Fresh mozzarella cheese||220 Gram|
|Plain flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Panko breadcrumbs||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Thyme leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne peper||1 Teaspoon|
|Smoked paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Liter|
|For chilli mayo:|
|Whole egg mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sambal oelek/Sriracha hot sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Drain the mozzarella balls and pat dry. Set up the crumbing station, place the flour in a shallow bowl, beat the eggs in a separate bowl and in a third bowl mix together the panko crumbs along with the salt, thyme, cayenne and paprika.
2. Roll the balls in the flour, dusting off any excess, then dip in the egg, then finally dredge in the spiced panko crumb mixture. Repeat this process again for a thicker, crunchier coating. Place balls on a tray and transfer to the fridge for 30-40 minutes to set.
3. To make the chilli mayo, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine. Leave aside.
4. Pour vegetable oil into a deep fryer or heavy based saucepan and heat the oil until 180c/350f. In small batches fry the balls for about 1 to 1 & 1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt while warm.
5. Serve immediately with the chilli mayo dipping sauce.