Matar Kachori is a famous North Indian tea-time snack recipe made by stuffing peas mixture and covered with a crispy layer on the outer side this is a must try snack.
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Amchur powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|For outer layer:|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Refined flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Water||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, green peas, give it a stir.
2. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, amchur powder, give it a toss.
3. Add salt, sugar, give it a stir, turn the flame off and allow it to cool down completely.
For the outer layer:
4. In a bowl add whole wheat flour, refined flour, ghee, rub the dough into the flour and convert it into a bread-crumb like mixture.
5. Add baking powder, salt, mix well and with the help of cold water knead it into a hard dough.
6. Divide the dough into lemon-size balls.
7. Take a dough ball, apply oil, roll it into a disc.
8. Stuff the peas mixture into the disc, get all the sides together and press it. Roll it into a lemon size ball, apply a little bit of oil on the board, and press it.
9. Roll it with very light hand, ensure that the mixture doesn't come out.
10. Heat oil in a vessel, fry the kachori's in it.
11. Our Crispy Matar Kachori's are ready to serve. Enjoy!