Thukpa is a Tibetan noodle soup recipe that is extremely popular in North-East India across all seasons. Chef Varun Inamdar shows you a vegetarian version of this famous recipe.
|Chopped tomato||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onions||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Timur/Schezwan pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Pepper powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable stock||3 Cup (48 tbs) (use as required)|
|Bok choy||To Taste|
|Boiled noodles||To Taste|
|Chilly oil||To Taste|
1. In a bowl take cold water, add star anise, mushroom, onion, carrot, cabbage, ginger and boil them for 20 minutes. Once it's done, strain the stock.
For Thukpa Paste:
2. In a mixer jar add tomatoes, onions, ginger, garlic, thai chilli, star anise, timur, coriander and grind it into a fine paste.
3. In the same vessel heat oil, add thukpa paste and allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Increase the flame and cook it for 30 seconds. Add the vegetables and mix well.
5. Add vegetable stock and baby carrots. Add salt, pepper and allow it to cook on high flame for 3-5 minutes.
6. In a serving bowl add blanched noodles, the prepared broth and black pepper. Our Thukpa is ready to eat.