Learn how to make Navratri Special Upvas Kachori at home with Chef Varun Inamdar on Rajshri Food. Chef Varun Inamdar makes an interesting Upvas Batata Kachori that fits completely into your fasting die.
|Grated coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coriander leaves||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Roasted peanuts||3 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Poppy seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Boiled and grated potato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Arrowroot flour/Cornflour||4 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. In a bowl add coconut, coriander leaves, sugar, peanuts, lemon juice, salt.
2. Heat ghee in a vessel, add cumin seeds, green chillies, raisins, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, cashew nut and give it a mix.
3. Allow it to cook for few minutes till it leaves nutty aroma.
4. Add the fried mixture into the bowl, give it a good mix.
5. In a bowl mash the boiled potatoes and make it into a dough-like shape.
6. Add salt, arrowroot powder to the dough. Give it a good mix, take a portion of it and with the help of arrowroot make a bowl of the potato.
7. Add a spoon full of the filling and encase it like so. Dust it with arrowroot powder and bind it into a potato ball.
8. Heat oil in a vessel, fry the potato balls on high flame. Our Kachori is fried and ready.